It takes courage to begin the process of treatment and recovery. At Treatment Coordination and Advocacy you will have an experienced mental health professional working with you every step of the way. We make sure that you or your loved one receives the best treatment possible for their specific issues.
- The first step is to acknowledge that you or your loved one needs the help and support of a professional.
- The second step is a thorough assessment to determine exactly what the issues and problems are. This is done by phone, with either the individual seeking help or his or her family members. Often, individuals have more than one diagnosis and this can create complex problems. We understand how imperative it is that all issues be addressed in order to maximize the chances of long term recovery.
- The third step is to find the treatment option that is the best clinical match for the individual. There is a range of choices, and often, we may suggest a combination of services that will provide the individual with the best chance of long term success. We do extensive research and actually talk with the different admissions departments to make sure our client will receive the best care possible.
- The fourth step is for the individual to talk with the suggested treatment facility and proceed with an intake assessment. At that time, a date will be determined for the client to enter into treatment. Treatment Coordination and Advocacy can accompany the client to treatment program, if need be. We will stay in contact with the professionals at the facility during his or her stay.
- The fifth step and perhaps the most important is to develop and follow an individualized aftercare plan. Most people need long term, ongoing support as they continue their healing process. We can provide a comprehensive and holistic plan that offers the best type of support network for a person’s growth and recovery.